Thursday, May 6, 2010

Complicated Me!?!

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves
- Henry David Thoreau

The past few work weeks have been the worst, since I started in 2005. Not because of the load or having to spend 12+ hours in front of the computer. I've had more than my fair share of those days and they were a breeze. It’s just that I don't feel motivated anymore. No one seems to be bothered about challenges at work or the lack thereof. Seems like everyone around has sort of settled into the daily rut. And yes, that was me as well, until recently.

I don't think I thought of what I really wanted 10 years down the line when I took up a job straight out of college. Four and half years have gone by and I don't know if I still have an answer. But, the thought has occurred. In an effort to get out of my current predicament, I sold myself to an idea of getting an MBA. (ee yea... I know it has a negative connotation to it - read on)

These few days, I've been irritated with work and all that goes along. Knowing it’s not taking me anywhere and that it’s not half as stimulating as a history lesson, I haven't been able to give it my 100%. Then, I've sulked enough to let it get in the way of my GMAT prep.

The past few work weeks have truly been the worst, but also the best. I've been forced to think of what I really want and if anything, now I'm sure that an MBA is the way to go. I am all set to take on another day at work. It’s the same old, same boring stuff. However, there is something different. I have a plan, or at least, I think I do ;)

1 comment: